The Cardiac Centre is a private practice located in the heart of Wollongong and Shellharbour. Our practices are easily accessible by public transport and have wheelchair access. We aim to empower our patients by working in partnership with them to achieve the best outcome for their heart health.
How to make an appointment
Our doctors' waiting list can be long. However, we will ensure that sick patients and urgent requests are accommodated and we will endeavour to schedule your appointment within a timely manner, so please contact us.
If you require an interpreter please advise our staff at time of booking.
On the day of your appointment, we would appreciate it if you could bring along:
- A referral letter
- If you are a current patient please check with our secretaries if your referral is valid. Please note: GP referrals are valid for 12 months, Specialist referrals are valid for 3 months
- Medicare and private health fund cards
- Pension or Concession card
- Copies of blood test results, chest x-rays, ECGs, CT scans, MRIs and any other information that may be relevant
- A list of your current medications and allergies
Our doctors attempt to run on time. However, medical emergencies may result in delays. Our secretaries should be able to give you an estimate of your waiting time. We apologise if we keep you waiting.
If you are unable to attend your appointment, please telephone us at least 1 day in advance so that we can offer your appointment time to other patients on our waiting list.
You will be advised of the fee at the time of booking. Please note that all services provided must be paid for on the day of the appointment. Most service fees are eligible for a Medicare rebate.
We have the facilities to send your claim through to Medicare for an automatic refund, however it is your responsibility to make sure Medicare has your correct details.Contact Us